Client Analytics Manager
About The Position
Aki Technologies is a data-driven company that is unlocking the power of mobile advertising for many of the world's largest brands. Our data is at the heart of understanding the moments when mobile users are most receptive to ads.
Survey after survey point at data insights as the #1 need among CMOs and Marketing Strategists. It's not enough to know who or what performed the best, but why it performed that way. The world of analytics has long suffered from the doldrums of "reporting" as their post-campaign source of information, but reporting offers no course of action that yield repeatable results – just a snapshot about what happened this time.
Our team is comprised of dedicated thinkers – not just number crunchers – who want to uncover the truth behind how campaigns performed, why it happened, and what can be applied in the future to deliver best-in-industry results.
This is a client-facing role that requires close coordination with Sales, Planning, Account Management, and Operations. You will not only need a deep understanding of the ins and outs of digital advertising, but also the businesses and markets in which our clients compete. This robust understanding of the ecosystem in which we play is what yields insights that our clients actually want to hear.
You will be a leader of a group of analysts while maintaining your own book of business, so exceptional communication and storytelling capabilities must complement your strong analytical and leadership skills. You will also work with the Director of Client Analytics to identify and develop requirements for tools and processes that will allow your skills and knowledge to scale to the rest of the company.
As a Client Analytics Manager, you will have a vital role in shaping how Aki is perceived by our clients. You will shape how we adjust on the fly, understand campaigns, and position ourselves for the future. And you will be responsible for making our data shine. You will be getting your hands dirty while shaping the careers of analysts around you. And you will be on the forefront of determining what we need to build to scale your skills. If you're up for the challenge of being a unique hybrid of player-coach, analyst-storyteller, and R&D-product, then this just might be the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Work with the broader organization to analyze data and deliver spectacular outcomes for our clients
- Manage a team of analysts dedicated to deeply understanding their clients' media campaigns and everything that went into delivering industry-leading results
- Identify tools and processes used that can enable fellow teammates to achieve the same insights and results that you establish as the "new norm"
- Meet with clients to present the analytics portions of mid- and post-campaign reporting
- Design and produce slick, innovative visualizations of data that anyone can consume and understand
- Develop test-and-learn strategies that will allow Aki to continue to identify unique methods to produce even more spectacular results and techniques
- Work with a cross-functional team of sellers, account managers, ad operations, and analysts to understand the needs of your clients and ensure Aki is putting its best foot forward
- Collaborate with the Client Strategy team to identify ways to help grow the portfolios of Aki's most important accounts
- 3+ years of business analytics, business intelligence, reporting, or consulting (or similar) experience – you must be deeply familiar with data, its' uses, and how it's presented to the world
- Demonstrable leadership skills to manage and develop a team
- Strong analytical skills with unique perspectives on how to tell stories with data
- Business acumen and intuition that enable high quality hypotheses to explore (skill with SQL a requirement, familiarity with Python or R a plus)
- Excellent data visualization skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to craft stories that convey Aki's unique value proposition
- Interpersonal skills to work with teammates from varying backgrounds to translate business needs into analysis requirements
- A deep understanding of process and operations to help scale an analytics division