AWS DevOps Engineer
About The Position
Aki is looking for a driven DevOps Engineer to architect, manage, and enhance our AWS cloud infrastructure and systems. You will have the opportunity to improve software development productivity with new tools, automation systems, and security strategies. You will be in a position to collaborate with and empower your peers on the engineering team to develop more reliable, scalable and secure software. Our team is shaping the future of advertising by combining several new signals that weren't available before and quickly releasing new products that the market is loving.
- Our services are deployed in Docker containers orchestrated by Kubernetes running on AWS.Most of our services are written in Java. A few are built with Ruby, Python, Go, and Node.js.We practice continuous integration and continuous deployment using Drone.io and we deploy to production multiple times a day.Our Infrastructure-as-Code tool of choice is Terraform and configuration management is done using Ansible.When it comes to observability we use Graylog for centralized logging, Prometheus and StatsD for metrics, Grafana for visualization, and HoneyBadger for exception tracking.Our services’ uptime is monitored with Alertmanager and Pingdom and we use PagerDuty for incident management.Stack: https://stackshare.io/aki-technologies/aki-technologies
What you'll do:
- Build, secure, and manage cloud infrastructure including Kubernetes clusters, databases, CI/CD systems, and software-defined networking.
- Design and implement internal tools to improve our systems’ and applications’ performance, quality, delivery, and observability.
- Troubleshoot and resolve performance and reliability issues and participate in incident response.
- Improve scalability and reliability through monitoring services and infrastructure.
- Author documentation for mission critical systems and processes.
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team to productionize new and existing projects
- Participate in code reviews and architecture design decisions
- You have 2+ years of infrastructure engineering experience in a cloud environment.
- You are proficient with the Unix shell.
- You are comfortable programming in at least one of: Python, Go, Ruby, Java.
- You possess the ability to quickly learn new development languages and pick up new software, frameworks and APIs.
- You are familiar with AWS technologies (EC2, IAM, ELB, S3, Route53, Lambda).
- You’ve implemented CI/CD pipelines using platforms like CircleCI and Jenkins.
- You have deployed applications on Docker and Kubernetes.
- You manage infrastructure with tools like Terraform, Ansible, Packer.
- You have experience with distributed databases.
- You are an excellent communicator with a team-oriented demeanor.