Senior Data Scientist
About The Position
The Senior Data Scientist role at AKI is a key contributor for all analytical capabilities within the company. The person is responsible for the creation of machine learning models (specifically deep learning and various types of clustering), data pipelines, product prototypes, analysis tools, and on-demand analyses. Also, as a Senior member of the team, the person must be able to mentor younger team members and effectively communicate with Senior leadership.
- Master of Science degree in Analytics or related field of study, plus one year of experience in Data Science, defining methodologies for solving business problems and running code in production such as building data pipelines that run in production.
Required technical skills include:
- Advanced level proficiency with SQL;
- Proficiency with Python with ability to use C-based libraries to write fast code;
- Understanding of fixed-type languages and the issues that arise when integrated with dynamic-type languages;
- Strong understanding of: Pandas, Numpy, and Scikit-Learn Python libraries, Machine Learning, including underlying theory, Linear Algebra;
- Ability to read white papers to apply methodologies, Statistics, including proper usage of standard statistical tests;
- Proficiency working in virtual environments with very large data sets.