Marketing Strategy Scientist
About The Position
Aki Technologies is a data-driven company that is unlocking the power of mobile advertising for many of the world’s largest brands. Our data is at the heart of understanding the moments when mobile users are most receptive to ads.
This is a unique role that requires someone who has both business savvy and the ability to get their hands dirty with code. In this role, you will work alongside our Head of Data Science to develop marketing strategies that enable brands to deliver personalized messaging that match the personas of individuals. Mass broadcast advertising still has its place, but your recommendations will help heads of strategy, innovation, and marketing learn how to deliver messaging that captures the mindset of a person and provides them with advertising that they actually want.
Aki’s Data Science team works primarily in Python (with heavy use of Pandas) and SQL, but we also use other technologies that allow us to analyze several billions of rows of data. We do not use Tableau (nor others like it) so if these tools are a key source of your technical skills, this probably isn’t the right role for you. Also, this role is customer facing, so exceptional communication and storytelling capabilities are a must.
The role is too technical for most marketing analysts and too business-y for most data scientists. If you’re the rare individual who excels at both, then this is an amazing opportunity to show off your skills. Our ideal candidate will come from consulting with at least two years of experience using data to help clients improve their marketing or corporate strategies.
What You'll Do:
· Wrangle and analyze very large data sets to extract insights for our clients
· Develop tools for data pre-processing, information retrieval, and analysis automation
· Develop presentations to deliver marketing strategies that “activate” new audiences to facilitate growth
· Meet with clients to present recommendations and to generate new business for Aki
· Write white papers to demonstrate deep marketing expertise in specific business verticals
· 2+ years of consulting (or similar) experience using data to help clients improve their marketing or corporate strategies
· Strong grasp of Python for data manipulation and analysis
· Business acumen and intuition that enable high quality hypotheses to explore
· Excellent communication skills with ability to craft stories that convey Aki’s unique value proposition
· Interpersonal skills to work with teammates from varying backgrounds to translate business needs into analysis requirements